Now Available: Metal & Robust Contactum Defender Consumer Units
Effective from the 1st January 2016, all new consumer unit enclosures for domestic premises are required to be manufactured and constructed from non-combustible materials, of which, steel, is deemed to be non-combustible. To ensure these new Consumer Units fit in with the new regulations, Contactum have used their manufacturing expertise to produce the Defender range of All Metal Consumer Units for the UK Market.
The modern design is suitable for all installations and offers a comprehensive range comprising of 12 different enclosure sizes – truly versatile! Every unit is IP2X rated, and compliant with BS7671, 17th Edition Wiring Regulations, Amendment 3 and EN BS61439-3, ensuring you are confident in the solution provided.
The Contactum Defender Consumer Unit range provides a whole host of features & benefits, ensuring they are effective;
- • Up to 22 module board as standard; combine boards to increase number of outgoing ways.
- • Maximum cable space and extensive number of cable entry points allowing easy installation.
- • Comprehensive user instructions and high quality sub circuit identification levels.
- • Flexible board configuration to enable optimal combination of RCD, MCB and RCBO use.
- • Pre-populated configurations available.
- • Secure hinge design.
Within the range of Contactum Defender Consumer Units is a choice of Dual Split Load, Isolator Incomer, RCD Incomer and Split Load Consumer Units. All of these products come with a 25 YEAR ASSURANCE WARRANTY for your peace of mind.Back to News